- This event has passed.
MFF19 Industry | Filmmaker Masterclass with Alanis Obomsawin
March 21, 2019 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm NZDT$115 – $140
The industry events at Māoriland are intended to connect and invigorate filmmakers from across the Indigenous world. They are accessible by industry and filmmaker pass only.
Masterclass with Alanis Obomsawin
We are honoured to host the master documentary maker and tireless First Nations social activist Alanis Obomsawin. As a child, Alanis learned the stories and legends of her Abenaki nation. As a young woman, she retold these stories through song to audiences in Canada, Europe and America. In the late 1960’s she was introduced to filmmaking. For the past five decades she has used her lens as a tool of Indigenous resistance.
Industry Pass Holders
Designed for those working in the screen industry, these passes provide access to both special and public events as well as 1 ticket per screening.
- You must have a physical ticket to enter any event. These can be claimed by showing your Industry Pass at The Māoriland Hub, 68 Main St Ōtaki.
- We recommend you select your tickets pre festival. Information on how to do this will be provided to pass holders via email. If you choose not to use a ticket, please return it to the Ticket Office so that someone else can enjoy the film.
- Your pass does not guarantee you a ticket if sold out.
- Industry Passes are not transferable.
- Lost passes cannot be reprinted during the Festival.
- Closing Night Party. Please note that due to limited numbers you must RSVP to attend this party by Friday 15th March 6 pm at the latest, to ensure your ticket.
Industry Passes can be purchased from iticket.co.nz and collected from the Manuwhiri desk at the Māoriland Hub, 68 Main St Ōtaki.
- Māoriland Film Festival
- Te Ara a Tāwhaki
144 Tasman Road
Ōtaki, 5512 New Zealand + Google Map