Kia hiwa rā!
$10,000 in prizes to be won at the MĀORILAND PITCH – Register now!
The Māoriland Pitch is an opportunity for Māori filmmakers from rangatahi to established filmmakers to turn your brilliant idea into a production ready project.
Ngā mea e toru!
What we’re looking for
TAHI – Quality of Story
RUA – Quality of Pitch
TORU – Overall Entertainment Factor
Tahi – Rua – Toru!
Pre registration necessary. Only invited filmmakers will be able to pitch on the day.
- You must register by Friday Wednesday 17 March and only selected filmmakers will be asked to pitch.
- Selected pitches will be notified on the 18th March
- Pitch will take place in Ōtaki at the Māoriland Hub on Thursday 25 March at 11 am.
The Māoriland Pitch is open to filmmakers based in Aotearoa only.
MFF2021 PITCH CATEGORIES
Two Rangatahi pitch prizes to be won worth $1,500.
Māoriland is looking for two original short film ideas (any genre) OR animation projects from rangatahi aged 12-24.
One of the pitch awards will be for a film in Te Reo Māori.
The pitch prize includes up to $1,500 in development support to turn your short film into a script with the potential of it being commissioned by Māoriland in 2021.
- Your pitch must be no longer than 3 minutes
- A bell will be rung at 2 minutes and again 15 seconds prior to the finish.
- The Māoriland Pitch is open to Indigenous filmmakers based in Aotearoa only. International Indigenous filmmakers are encouraged to collaborate with Aotearoa based filmmakers to apply.
- Focus your pitch to the most important, compelling parts of your story so we understand it in a short amount of time.
- Don’t try to do TOO much with the pitch. We don’t need to know every detail step by step. Think of the big picture.
- Hook us in with the story overview and a couple of sentences on the character. We need to know who we are following and why we care and connect.
- Characters – are you clear about who the leads in your film are – we don’t need to know all about the background cast.
- Why should we give you the money? Maybe you want to spend the pitch prize on working with mentors or giving yourself time to write. Convince us that you have what it takes to make this film, and why you offer good value.
- Smile, be confident, be cheeky – have fun in the pitch!