In July 2020 Māoriland Charitable Trust will open M.A.T.C.H – the Māoriland Tech Creative Hub. If you are passionate about creative and emerging technologies and growing the success of rangatahi Māori then we want you!
The MATCH Programme Manager will support the Kaiwhakahau Hōtaka in the implementation and delivery of M.A.T.C.H – the Māoriland Tech Creative Hub. M.A.T.C.H (Māoriland “Ahi” Tech Creative Hub) is a tech-creative learning centre for rangatahi Māori in Ōtaki and the Kāpiti Coast.
This is a new position that the chosen candidate will be encouraged to develop and make their own. The role is open to candidates within Ōtaki and the wider Wellington region able to travel to Ōtaki on a regular basis. You must exhibit excellent self management and be available for trial wananga from July 7 – 8 in Ōtaki.
Applications close 5 pm Thursday July 9. Successful applicants will be contacted from Friday July 10 with interviews to be held that week.
If you have any questions, please contact [email protected]
About Māoriland Charitable Trust
Māoriland presents, facilitates and supports Māori and international Indigenous filmmakers and creatives.
We are a kaupapa Māori organisation based in Ōtaki at the Māoriland Hub. Our work includes the annual Māoriland Film Festival, Toi Matarau Gallery, the E Tū Whānau Rangatahi Film Challenge and Tour, M.A.T.C.H – the Māoriland Tech Creative Hub and the recently announced Māoriland Productions.
We exist for the social, economic and educational success of our community in Ōtaki through connection to the wider world of Indigenous creativity and innovation.
Māoriland is about …
- Respect for, and celebration of shared Māori and Indigenous values
- Presenting an annual film festival that informs and amazes
- Showing films and sharing stories throughout the year
- Developing our youth as filmmakers and film leaders
- Establishing New Zealand’s first film residency
- Using story and interactive discussion to explore the Native Mind
- Supporting the visual and performance arts that complement film
- Being responsible and environmentally aware citizens of our planet
- Offering a pathway for social connections and enterprises
- Creating Indigenous stories and presenting them on the best platforms
- Protecting Indigenous integrity in the face of mainstream coercions
- Role modelling an accountable ability to transform lives
Māoriland strives for …
- Reo – Voice
- Māia – Courage
- Aroha – Love
- That which is true, good, and worthwhile
Māoriland is …
- Proud & Passionate
- Curious & Creative
- Humble & Nimble