Expressions of Interest – M.A.T.C.H Creative Intensifier
Do you have a passion for art, film, animation or audio?
Are you Māori?
Are you hardworking and motivated?
Are you looking to upskill for a career in the creative digital industry?
If you answer yes to all of these questions then this training program may be for you.
M.A.T.C.H CREATIVE INTENSIFIER
A 12-week kaupapa Māori workplace training program in Animation, Film and Audio.
Māoriland ‘Ahi’ Tech Creative Hub (M.A.T.C.H.) is for Māori aged 17 + who want to develop and grow skill in film, animation, and audio.
Over 12 weeks, participants will develop skill in one of three creative pathways:
- Animation and Digital skills training.
- Filmmaking includes core skills of camera, sound, editing, and directing.
- Audio including live event production, field recording, and audio post-production for film.
Mahi Whakatairanga –
- Only 10 places for Māori aged 17+
- You must commit to a 12 Week full-time course (30 hours Tuesday – Friday) at Māoriland Hub in Ōtaki.
- The course is fees-free.
- Wrap-around pastoral care support included in Te Uru Marie.
Tērā rānei ētahi huarahi whaimahi māu. This is a career pathway course aimed at helping you into the digital creative industry;
- Film Production
- Animated films
- Animated videos to communicate big ideas – including your own.
- Illustrating books and other media!
- Game & App Development
- Graphic Design
- Live Music Events
During this program, you will
- Develop hard technical and creative skills in your chosen pathway.
- Become part of a collaborative and supportive cohort of Māori creative professionals
- Gain essential skills to pathway you into employment or further training.
- Be supported to gain essential skills including drivers license, first aid, and health and safety training.
- Be paid the Living Wage while attending the course.
Delivered in a Tikanga Māori creative environment at the Māoriland Hub.
He Kōwhiri Tāngata – Selection Criteria
He mahi tēnei e hihiko ai te wairua auaha o ngā tauira ako e whakapuare nei i ō rātou hinengaro. E riro ana ngā mahinga nei ki ngā tāngata he piri pono nō rātou ki tā rātou e whai ai, e kī ai.
Up to 10 people will be selected. You need to be committed and self-motivated. You don’t need to be a flash artist or have prior experience but you do need to show us your strong interest in trying new things creatively.
He Rangi Nui – Key Dates
MATCH Intensifier Ka Tīmata: Mid August 2023
MATCH Intensifier Ka Mutu: Mid-November 2023
MATCH Creative Intensifier will run from Tuesday – Friday 9:30 am – 5 pm.
Participants must be available for the duration of the M.A.T.C.H Intensifier.
Me Pēnei Tō Tono Mai – How to Apply
Mō te tono tuihono: Expressions of Interest
Ka Katia Te Wā Tono – Applications close: August 2 2023